Saturday, June 13, 2009

Life lately :)

I've only been home for 2 full days but its definitely been busy! I was done with finals on Thursday afternoon, started packing at 3 and was done by 7:15 pm just in time for my 7:30 check out and was able to show my mom our house for next year :)
Well the newest addition to Dave and Shannon's house is Jim the Cat! It was a barn cat at Dave's parent's house and he brought it home to Shannon as a little surprise :)

Brock was more than happy to dig in the dirt with his "wheelbarrow" but he asked for some gloves, but didn't mind that they went halfway up his forearm ;)
How many VanDalens does it take to hang a curtain rod??
Well this was 1 of Shannon's projects for the day & it was quite entertaining to watch take place!
Apparently it take 2 Van Dalens, 1 Heutink, and 1 Lankhaar to make it happen ;)
The finished product, with the next in hand (her new clock) which was hung before we left too!
Dad took Brock on a long 4-wheeler ride through the blueberries around the yard :)
And...this was before I got home, but I guess Tasha got Brock a slip-n-slide so they decided to try it out -Brock was a little hesitant at first...
I think he was content to just watch :)
I don't know if he's smiling or not very happy...hopefully the first!

Tasha helping him figure this thing out :)
Dad and mom had the kids (who are in Lynden ;) over for Alaska King fish and Alaska Dungenous crab their first night home
Dave and Brock
Grandma and Bryce :) Gotta love his smile!
Well its been a great start to the summer and I cannot wait to see what is in store for the rest :) I'll be working at Maberry's again this summer and I might be starting on Monday already! But as one Van Dalen finishes the new shop, 2 more come :) Blake will be in the IQF again, and I'll be managing the Bulk plant for the first time this summer. I know my dad cannot wait for me to get working but lets hope it starts off slow!

No comments: