Sunday, October 18, 2009

Blessings

I cannot express how thankful I am for strangers, friends, and family! First, our landlord's friend came yesterday to look at a "funny" smell that was coming from under our sink, little did we know it was a dead creature in a trap...so thankfully he removed and disposed of it for us :) Second, one of my housemates let me borrow her car so I could go to church this morning - I was asked to do childcare on short notice so it was a little stressful figuring out how I was going to get to Capitol Hill with a LOT of people gone this weekend. Anyways, made it over there and had a great first day of Sunday school! Currently the only kids we have are our pastor's 2 kids (3 and 5 months-I think). This morning I was with their little girl Sophie in the preschool section and I came away with more than I expected! We worshiped to Hillsong Kids, and she loved it! Jumping and dancing around saying, "Thank you Jesus!" and then we did the story about how God created light and dark and did a craft with it. After doing the craft she came and whispered, "chelsea, did you know God made the day?!? AND the night?!?" She was so enthusiastic, we were so glad something had stuck with her from the lesson :) But then as we were praying before we left she said, " Jesus told me to let the little children come to me." The other teacher and I both looked at each other and couldn't believe what we heard! This was the verse we had prayed about last week because we are hoping for more families and kids to come to church. We asked her mom if she had heard this verse somewhere but she didn't think so. Its amazing how God can use little kids to remind us of the important things in life :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK- what exactly is a dead "creature" in a trap? I don't quite get it. Dad