Sunday, September 21, 2008

Making Applesauce

I'm sorry you guys will have to tilt your head when looking at this blog lol I don't knbow why but I cannot get the pictures to go upright! They are straight on my pictures in my file, but I upload them and they're sideways :( so bummer and as much as it drives me (and lacey) nuts but I wanted to put up the pictures. So this is what ya get for now lol :)


So Shannon had the idea to make applesauce a few saturdays ago, so I got apples from the Greenbarn and we went to work trying to continue Buddy's tradition :) Jake Bedlington also helped us, it was his first time making applesauce

Shannon squishing the apples :) use those arm muscles


Sorry they are a little out of order, but gotta cut them all first

Oh look at our lovely pans of apples getting ready to cook :) not quite as many pans as Buddy did but we tried lol

Both of the #5's at work in the kitchen :)


Putting Jake to work :)


The finished product :) yummy!

LOTS of applesauce :)

Again sorry for the out of order still figuring out this thing lol

Adding some sugar :)




4 comments:

Lacey Sanders said...

YUMMY!! Enjoy some for me!

Amy said...

Hey Great job girls and jake!! I too have had trouble with the pictures...I wonder if it a blogger problem!?! I'll look in to it!! Enjoy the sauce...apple sauce that is!!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! It looks like all the VanDalens were in the baking mood! Whether it is applesauce or cookies! *Taylor

Barb said...

Yummo!!! Oh the memories!! nothin like homemade apple sauce, Buddy style!! I always did like apple sauce on the side!!! get it??? ask me about my favorite apple sauce story with Buddy on our honeymoon!! I'm so very proud of you!! hugs guela