Friday, October 3, 2008

Moving in to the dorms once again :)

WE HAVE A VIEW!!!!!
One of the GREAT things about moving up (literally) in the dorms is that I now have a gorgeous biew out of my window! And...a window that I can open to get fresh air and not be afraid of letting rodents (lovely story/scare there) into our room :)
I'm now on the 5th floor with Emily who is also pre-nursing in a double room so I have lots more space and an amazing roommate! (not that my others ones weren't they were great!)


My amazing mother and I who drove me down to Seattle, hauled ALL my stuff in and helped me move in this last Saturday :) A little tired and looking out from all the unpacking ;)
She's SO GREAT! I'm so blessed to have such an awesome mom and such a great friend! It has been such a great transition this year that I am so thankful for!

Each floor has its own theme and this year ours is "The Powerline" or "Birds on a limb" Kinda random but still catchy I think lol these are our name tags on the outside of our door to the fabulous room of 561!!!

Plus the idea of going out on a limb to become a close knit community and becoming a family is part of living in the dorms :) So great I love the girls that I'm with this year!

BEFORE....the very blank and MASSIVE cupboards above my desk (at least they seem much bigger than last year b/c I don't have to share it with 2 other girls :)

And our shelves with pictures from home (stace and tay you might recognize the big black one :)

Mother helping me put my stuff away :) Thanks again!

My Bed :) What I look forward to at the end of the day. Haha and mom with my frog...yes he came with me to college ;)



And me...now a SOPHOMORE in college! Whoa!

Time flies so enjoy every day of it and don't waste it :)


AND....this year we actually get to have a couch in our room! Another benefit of a double :) SWEET!!!

Kinda old school but we love it :)


Blessings from Seattle! I survived my first day of classes!!! Yay!!!

~LOVE YOU ALL~



2 comments:

Barb said...

Yeh!!! Yes you did survive your first week!! Loved seeing all of the pictures, sorta makes me feel like I have been there already:) I'm so happy you have only 2 of you this year:) when one has less you learn to be happy with more:) May the lord Jesus cover your year with His Love and His Grace:) Hugs Guela

Anonymous said...

Well it's great to see you're settling in and I'm glad to meet your roomie (thru the blog) and look forward to in person. That is a very nice room and I do feel a little guilty missing out on the move-in, but nice bonding time. Dad