Thursday, December 25, 2008

Another Dutch Tradition

I woke up Christmas Eve just in time to help my mom make ole boilens, a receipe handed down from Grandma Scholten. The dough was already risen so I missed that part of it but I got pics of the rest of the process :)
Before--the dough all ready to go!
Ready...set...BAKE!
Trying to make sure the oil stayed at the right temperature-a very important part of this recipe
The first batch!
Trying not to get any drips coming off the spoon lol
My mom: the pro and a great teacher!
The finished product cooling :) yum!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

YUMMO !!!! gotta love those Dutch Traditions:):) love you, Guela

Lacey Sanders said...

OH YUMMY!! Please save me some those are my favorite and I think I need to get the recipe for them while I am there!!! Again, way to keep up on the pictures.