Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tradition at SPU

So last Friday was SPU's early Christmas celebration called Tradition and it is all set up down in Tiffany Loop. One rule in order to attend this lovely holiday event is dressing up in tacky Christmas sweaters or any Christman apparel that you can come up with :) After "No Shave November" most of the guys have beards and mustaches going (scary I know) but its a great break from studying before finals week! Its full of cookies, hot cider, face painting, story time (yes even in college), carriage rides, pictures with Santa, and so much more! Plus its open to community members and their kids and professors and their families so its full of Christmas cheer and lots of people running around!
This year's theme was "It's a Wonderful Life" and they even had a frame for taking "family" portraits :) Here's my roommate Emily and I its a little blurry sorry guys

Some more love from girls from my floor last year

Love these girls!
Sara, me and Stacey DeJong all dressed up :)
They even had a live nativity, in this picture it was our Ashton Hall Council. I don't think the Angel knew I was taking the picture (my roommate Brittany from last year whose now my neighbor :) with the other Brittany on our floor who was Mary!

My lovely and so entertaining neighbor - also Brittany
After Tradition, our dorm has a tradition too....Ashton Skate! They rent out a ice skating rink for a few hours and we get to enjoy the rest of our night on the ice! Have to admit I was a little sore in the morning but it was so worth it!
*Some of the girls from my floor this year*
I'm so thankful to have these girls in my life! They are so close to me, (literally their room is right below ours :) but we all had Anatomy & Physiology together this quarter, so that made it so much better! We were all going through the same struggles but we made it through! Its a 2 qtr sequence so we'll have it in the winter too :)

I'm glad to say I have one quarter down this year! I took a Christian Scriptures class and it was so amazing! I loved studing the books of the Bible and many of the stories it contains :) I learned a ton about being a disciple of Christ and about the Bible in general. I was so blessed to have AMAZING professors this quarter too, it truly makes a difference! I'm glad to be home for the holidays though! Shannon and I decorated the tree tonight so I'll have to get some pictures of that up later :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks so fun!!! It's great to see you having fun in seattle, but i am also glad your home now! One more week and then we're off too!